Thursday, May 17, 2012

Poker, beer and a hangover

After finishing my short story for Amazon Kindle last night I was invited to a game of poker, luckily the game took place in the flat which I'm currently staying in, and therefore I did not need to get out of my dressing gown; big win. The game was held up a bit on the count that we were waiting for all the players to arrive, which worked out great; it meant that we could drink our weights in beer, which I believe was the reason why the game was over in just a little over two hours (once it finally started). The game and the rest of the evening continued with great banter and lots of laughs, not to mention my victorious poker skills which earned me £20; big win again. However, like most beer filled evenings they come with a not-so-fun-day-after, but thanks to my poker winnings I have just had a very nutritious McDonald's meal and am now watching my beautiful landlady playing Mario N64.  All in all it's a good day after a great and somewhat productive night!

No comments:

Post a Comment