Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A new chapter

First blog entry, let's make it profound shall we? I have just declared myself as a freelance writer after all... With the only claim to fame that I've had a couple of short stories published and another three performed on stage, with no real education in writing or knowledge of the "classics." Lets just skip the profound part and go into what this blog will be about.
    So, why do people start blogs? Or better yet; why does someone like me (who knows nothing about blogging) start a blog? I used to think that blogging was only for attention whores with too much time on their hands, but after some investigation and careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that they can be quite useful for someone like me (who is temporary unemployed and trying to get any work that they can) when it comes to creating a name for themselves. But this blog will be much more than a CV; I am hoping to use it for inspiration, and I am trusting that it will force me to actively seek jobs and get me to work hard on all my projects and cure me of my procrastination.
   I will regularly give updates on the films and plays I've watched, the novels and scripts I've read and even the music I've listened to, as well as giving my opinion on other parts of life outside the "arts." I'm hoping that this blog will inspire other people to actively seek jobs within the theatre and film industry, people who are amateurs and who are in the same situation as I am, and hopefully we will inspire each other. To be honest this blog will most likely only function as my everyday diary, keeping me on track with everything I need to do, mixed  up with some anecdotes and other "fun" trivia.
   In the end I suppose I'm going to go against all the advice I've gotten and not focus on one target audience but instead write for all kinds of people, and hopefully it will be a little bit entertaining as well, which is why I should stop this "intro" post now and promise that this will be the first and last blog entry of this nature. We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment